Q: “I’ve used DVD Shrink for years and years on my XP and then Windows 7 machines, and it simply worked perfectly whenever I happened to need it. Now I’m on Windows 10 though, and it seems that this faithful and reliable old workhorse has finally met its end. Any solutions to fix DVD Shrink not working on Windows 10? Need your help!”
DVD Shrink is a freeware to rip and back up DVD movies on Windows computers. However, the development was discontinued in May 2005 and can’t work smoothly on the new Windows 10 platform. That’s why, more and more users have problems when ripping and backup their DVDs with DVD Shrink on Windows computers. Fortunately, this tutorial aim at solving these issues by providing an alternative solution.
Find the best DVD Shrink Alternative to Rip and Backup DVDs on Windows (Windows 10 included)
The best DVD Shrink Alternative should be designed with below features:
- Rip, convert, compress any (protected) DVD into virtually all video/audio formats including H.264, MKV, QuickTime, MOV, H.265(HEVC), FLV, 3GP, WebM, WMV, MP3, AC3, AAC, FLAC, etc.
- Remove all the restrictions like CSS, Region, RCE, Sony ARccOS and PuppetLock.
- Provides the preset formats with optimized settings for over 150 popular devices, including iPhone, iPad, Samsung, HDTV, PS4/3, Xbox One S and more.
- 1:1 full DVD discs backup, or directly copy DVD main title movies
- Customize DVD with built-in video editor
- Select wanted audio/subtitles track to be kept in the output files
After several of my test, I found Brorsoft DVD Ripper /DVD Ripper for Mac perform best and equipped with above features. Now free download the best DVD Shrink alternative tool and follow below easy steps to rip and backup DVD movies.
Step 1. Load DVD Movies
Install and run the best DVD Shrink alternative and click the “Load dics” button to load the DVD movies to the program.
Here, DVD Video_TS Folder, ISO image files are supported as well.
Step 2. Choose Output Format
Click Format drop-down menu, and pick up H.264 MP4, MKV formats from Common Video or HD Video category.
Or you can choose other persets according to your devices.
Step 3. Start the Conversion
With above setting, click “Convert” button to rip and backup DVD conversion with best DVD Shrink alternative on Windows 10.
When the conversion is complete, click “Open” to find the converted movies on your computer’s hard drive.
Then, you can transfter them to any portable devices and play the converted DVD movies as you like.