Kodi is a fantastic way to stream content to your TV from a computer or phone, and using Google’s Android TV is an excellent way to turn your “dumb” TV “smart”. It’s easy to stream content from Kodi to Android TV, you just need to install Kodi App on Android TV via clicks. The question is how can you stream and play DVD movies on Android TV via Kodi? Have no idea how to, read this tutorial to get some hints.
From Kodi official website, we have known it’s compatible video/audio formats as below:
Container formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp, VIVO, PVA, NUV, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, DVR-MS and WTV
Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), H.265 (as from Kodi 14) HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, Sorenson, WMV, Cinepak.
In order to stream and play DVD movies to Android TV via Kodi, you’d better rip the DVD to Androdi TV and Kodi compatibel digital format in advance. Here, Brorsoft DVD Ripper is highly recommended to rip and convert any (protected) DVD to Android TV Kodi app compatible formats without losing quality. Beside, you can also convert DVD to multimedia formats such as: H.265/HEVC, H.264 MKV, MP4, AVI, QuickTime MOV, etc for playback on the go. For Mac users, please turn to Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac.
Free download best DVD to Kodi/Android TV converter:
1. Load DVD movies
Click disc icon to select and import the DVD files you want to rip to this program. Loaded files can be previewed in the right viewing window and you can take snapshots of your favorite movie scenes.
2. Choose output format
Generally, MP4 is recommended since it has wide acceptance, good video quality and small file size for playing on Android TV with Kodi.
Tip: With the right settings you can retain the quality of the original Blu-ray while also saving space. Simply click Settings bar and you can tweak the video size, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
3. Start the conversion
Click convert button to start converting DVD to H.264 MP4 for Kodi.
After conversion completes, press “Open” to locate resulted files, then follow below steps to copy DVD (ripped) movies to Kodi library.
1. open Kodi and select “Videos” in the home screen menu.
2. Seclect Files, then select “Add Videos”.
3. Click on “Browse” button. This requester you can select the location where your DVD movies are located on your system. You can also choose a network drive if you have transfer the ripped DVD movies to there.
4. In the next screen you should see the directories within your selected directory. If this is the right directory select “OK”. If all is ok then select “OK” again.In the next screen is where we tell Kodi what our source directory contains, in this case its “(Movies)”. When you are happy with the settings select “OK”.
5. Next screen is refresh info for contents of selected directory, select “Yes”.When you’ve selected ok you will be presented with this next screen, keep an eye on very top almost to the right as this updates the database with info about the films it finds. This item can take a long time depending on how many ripped DVD movies you have in your collection.
6. When finished, the ripped DVD movie library should be listed on the interface.